Affiliations & Credentials
Peg Soucy is Affiliated with these Professional organizations:
- Over 40 years of experience working with the elderly and disabled adults.
- Aging Life Care Professional™ with national accreditation providing care management for adults with physical disabilities and/or mental health needs.
- Licensed Social Worker in the State of Maine.
- Medical Social Worker/Care Manager at local hospital for 20 years accountable for patient’s care coordination including screening, assessment, planning, care coordination, and discharge planning.
- Medical Social Worker for two home health agencies and Social Services Manager for a third.
- Established an Ethics Committee for home care agency.
- Intensive Case Manager for home health agency providing care management services for those dealing with severe psychiatric conditions.
- Program Director for two PCA agencies contributing program development and design for the PCA course, training staff and providing workshops. Addressing Confidentiality, Legal and Ethical Issues in Caregiving and Advanced Directives.
- Established and directed Adult Day Care Program for Senior Spectrum’s Muskie Center and later opened the Elder Statesman as the owner/director.
Education / Licenses / Certificates:
- Masters of Science in Adult Education /Concentration in Educational Gerontology
- Bachelors of Science in Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- Certified Case Manager, Commission for Case Management Certification
- Certificate, Accredited Case Manager, American Case Management Association
- Certificate Program in Case Management, University of Southern Maine
- Certificate, Advance Care Planning Facilitator
- Licensed Social Worker, State of Maine
- Teachers Certificate, Maine- exp.
Aging Life Care Association
– Advanced Professional ™
American Case Management Association
Commission for Case Management Certification
- President Emeritus for Maine Association of Adult Day Care Directors, Inc
- Speaker for Professional and Community Groups
- Prior Member, Advisory Board for Senior Spectrum’s Family Caregiver Support Program
- Prior Member, Board of Directors, Waterville Hospice Volunteers
- Prior Member, local and state Alliance for the Mentally Ill