Aging Life Care Professionals™ (formally known as Geriatric Care Managers) are health and human services professionals with specialized knowledge and experience related to aging and elder care issues.
We assist older adults and persons with disabilities in attaining their maximum functional potential to reach the best quality of life possible. We are sensitive to preserving the dignity and respect of each individual. We are experienced guides with resources for families of older adults and others with chronic needs.
We have expertise knowledge in the following areas:
Services may include:
- Consultations to provide information and direction in planning.
- Comprehensive assessments identifying problems, eligibility for assistance and need for services.
- Educating elders and their families on appropriate options that will lead to informed choices.
- Developing a plan and locating resources that are tailored to meet their needs and financial situation.
- Guiding them through the process and monitoring services for long distance caregivers.
- Arranging for home care and home management supports to allow elders to stay in their homes.
- Relocating elders to alternative housing, assisted living, nursing home or another state to be closer to family.
- Crisis prevention and intervention.
- Advanced Directive planning – health care power of attorney, living wills and end of life planning.
- Collaboration with primary care physicians to assure continuity of care and information, especially regarding medications.
- Collaboration with elder care attorneys who are assisting with estate planning by providing assessments and recommendations that can be used during the estate planning process.